Are you thinking about making a career transition but not sure which industries have a promising future? Are you trying to help your college-age children with making a solid career choice? Be sure to educate yourself and your children on what is actually happening within specific job markets before choosing your or their career path. Career fields that used to be attractive are now becoming flooded, making it much more competitive and difficult to gain entry. Be sure you know where the barriers to entry lie before investing your resources into the wrong one.
Here are 10 well paying, not so well known jobs with solid job security and strong projected future growth:
1. Data Scientist: $90,000-$110,000+
2. Project Manager: $60,000-$150,000+
3. Data Security: $65,000-$120,000+
4. eCommerce Analyst/manager: $80,000+
5. Manufacturing Plant Manager: $90,000+
6. Perfusionist: $75,000-$110,000+
7. Quality Analyst/manager: $65,000+
8. Procurement Manager: $60,000+
9. Logistics Analyst: $50,000+
10. Nurse Practitioner: $90,000+
Though the obvious professional paths can be tempting, it is more important than ever to invest some time in researching different markets, discovering some lesser known job titles, and learning what is driving those industries. It is important to know which career fields are saturated and where job openings are still plentiful in your area, you may be surprised with what you find! It will absolutely pay off to do your homework when it comes to these life changing decisions. Be sure to invest your time and money where there is a strong probability of return rather than to make expensive guesses that can effect the entire trajectory of your life.